I should seriously be playing hooky today. Have you been outside? It’s perfect – warm sun, cool breeze. It’s a crime to be indoors today – don’t break the law people!
On my lunch break today, I decided I would try out the dollar store, Dollar Tree to be exact. It’s a bit of a jaunt from where I work (meaning it’s more than 5 minutes away) but they had a few good deals this week so I figured I’d make the trek.
See, I was smart and used a basket instead of a cart like some of those aisle-hogging ladies. So we have:
- Snack chips (for lunches)
- Wrapping paper (for birthday emergencies)
- Spray bottle (for lice prevention spray I’m going to make – it’s hitting closer and closer to home!)
- Spaghetti sauce (supper tonight?)
- Aim (for fingernail polish – kidding, I need clean teeth)
- Toothbrushes (Colgate ones, two for $1, rock on)
- Glow Necklaces (Halloween is 4 weeks away)
- Degree (because I love my husband and don’t want him to smell)
- Two cards (birthday ones, so if you get a card from me and the inside verse is so cheesy you could cry, please know I’m using it as a carrier for my own words of love)
There were some crazy people there (literally, I think) so I just made my transaction and left. If I would’ve had more time, I would’ve stopped at Fashion Bug next door, they were having a sale!
After my trip there, I stopped at Leeann Chin’s and got some food. I haven’t been there in MONTHS I don’t think, so I got a quick bowl of rice and chicken.
Okay, this picture makes it look gross, but it was REALLY good. Cashew chicken stir fry and rice. I think I’ve met my sodium intake for the day, but it was good going down. 🙂
I took EXACTLY 60 minutes for my lunch today, squeezing every moment I could outside on this beautiful day.
- It’s almost Halloween. Start stocking up on candy now.
- It’s almost winter. Stay outside as much as possible while you still can.